A strong Neighborhood Watch is a proven deterrent to crime.
Some of the benefits are:
- A greater sense of security, well-being and reduction of the fear of crime because you and your neighbors will look out for each other.
- Reduced risk of being a victim of a crime. Statistics show that having a Neighborhood Watch program reduces the risk of your home being burglarized as well as decreases other types of crimes.
- Better access to criminal activity information which will better prepare you in spotting criminal activity.
- Displaying Neighborhood Watch signs and decals in your windows tells criminals that your house and neighborhood are not easy targets and that they are most likely being watched.
- Convicted criminals have reported that they avoid neighborhoods that have Neighborhood Watch signs posted.
- We have made the process to start a Neighborhood Watch a very easy and we have all the tools you need ready to go! And we will be here to help you form a successful Neighborhood Watch!
- We have many community orientated projects under way, Map You Neighborhood for Disaster Preparedness, the Vial of Life Project, Community Policing to put more eyes and ears on the street and NIXLE. A FREE service that sends important up to date Police Activity to your Cell Phone, Facebook etc.
For more information please contact:
Community Engagement / Newark Police Dept.